The Austin Grandmaster Chess Academy is hosting an in-person 2024 AGCA Invitational Norm Tournament on January 11-15, 2024.
Organized by GM Alex Mista (Chief) and GM Andrey Stukopin (Deputy). Chief Arbiter is FA Louis Reed.
Austin Grandmaster Chess Academy
7801 North Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78752
two 10 player round robin sections (1 for IM norm seekers, 1 for GM norm seekers)
● 1st round: Thursday, January 11, 2024, 6:00 PM
● 2nd round: Friday, January 12, 2024, 10:00 AM
● 3rd round: Friday, January 12, 2024, 4:00 PM
● 4th round: Saturday, January 13, 2024, 10:00 AM
● 5th round: Saturday, January 13, 2024, 4:00 PM
● 6th round: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:00 AM
● 7th round: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 4:00 PM
● 8th round: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:00 AM
● 9th round: Monday, January 15, 2024, 4:00 PM
NOTE: All players are expected to play all 9 rounds. NO EXCEPTIONS.
–Current FIDE Laws of Chess apply. This tournament is FIDE and US Chess rated.
-All games will use the equipment provided. –Players shall sign scoresheets after each game.
–Electronic Device Policy: players are strictly forbidden from having electronic devices with them during the game, even if they are turned off. Players found with any device during the game may lose the current game. Turn in cell phones at the arbiters’ desk before each round. No electronics are allowed in the playing hall unless they are checked in with the arbiter.
–Default/forfeit time: 60 minutes unless the arbiter decides otherwise. White’s clock will be started at the start of the round even if the players are not present.
-The organizers request that all players arrive on time for each round.
To see a list of pre-registered players and to register, please visit : https://austin-chess.com/tournaments/norm_tournament/