Holy Spirit Episcopal Church
1624 Wooded Acres Dr
Waco, TX 76710
Enter through main doors and turn right. The tournament room is at the end the of hallway.
- Open– All ratings and unrated players
- Reserve (u1400)– Ratings under 1400 and unrated players
Rounds and Times
- Four Rounds at a time control of G/45;d5
- Registration & Check-in: 8:00 to 8:50 AM
- Round One: 9:00 AM
- Round Two: 10:30 AM
- Round Three: 1:00 PM (after lunch)
- Round Four: 2:30 PM
Entry fee and Prizes
- $15 – Cash only. Paid when you arrive to tournament.
- Cash Prizes– Up to 90% of entry fees returned in prizes.
- Limited Capacity of 48 players!
- Register online to ensure you get a spot.
- Onsite Registration is 8:00-8:50 AM. If you show up onsite without preregistering, there’s a chance the tournament will already be full.
- Anyone not checked in by 8:50am will not be paired in round 1, unless you notify us (via email or text) that you are on the way.
- Please bring pieces and a clock if you have them! The club has limited supplies and we do not want to get caught without enough sets or clocks
- US Chess Membership is required. Please be responsible for your membership prior to the event to help the organizers and prevent delays.
- Notation is required. Notation sheets and pens will be available if needed.
- A donation jar will be available for players who want to help the church out for providing us with a venue.
For questions or problems registering, please email or text:
Jason Howell (firstname.lastname@example.org) 254-495-3445
Dan Shafer (email@example.com) 254-652-8365
Or visit our site (wacochess.org)