We are hosting another Austin Grandmaster Chess Academy In-Person USCF Rated Tournament on May 20, 2023 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. USCF Membership required. Free Parking. Capacity: 40 players!
Austin Grandmaster Chess Academy
7801 North Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78752
All players will be divided into two sections:
SECTION A: 1,000+ USCF rated
SECTION B: Under 1,000 USCF rated and/or unrated.
**If there are not enough players in a given section, we reserve the right to merge them**
● G/40, d5.
● 40 minutes per player with a 5-second delay.
● May official USCF ratings will be used.
● Unofficial USCF ratings will be used if unrated or to play in a
● Players must reveal foreign, FIDE, and other over-the-board
ratings. These ratings will be adjusted, if necessary, and may be
used if they are higher than USCF ratings.
4-Round Swiss System Schedule
● 1st round: 10:00 AM
● 2nd round: 11:30 AM
● Lunch break: 1:00 PM
● 3rd round: 2:00 PM.
● 4th round: 3:30 PM.
● Closing ceremony: After the last game finishes.
NOTE: Half-point byes are acceptable for all rounds, limit 1. Must commit before the 1st round.
PLAYERS MAY NOT POSSESS CELL PHONES DURING THE TOURNAMENT. Any violators may be subject to disqualification and forfeiture.
● Online: $50 at https://austin-chess.com/tournaments/uscf-rated/ by May 19th, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
● On-site: $60 on May 20th via PayPal or cash (if space is available)
For additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you do not wish to participate in our tournament after paying the entry fee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 hours in advance for a $35 refund. We reserve the right to charge a $15 service fee for cancellations.
WITHDRAWAL POLICY: If you would like to withdraw from the tournament after it begins, please alert the tournament director and sign a withdrawal form in the lobby prior to leaving the premises.
NO refunds will be issued after the tournament begins.
NO-SHOW POLICY: There are NO refunds or credit for players who do not show up for their scheduled tournament matches.
● Open: $200, $150, $100 +Medals
● U1000: $150, $100, $50 +Medals