Description: Visit the event website. Organized by the Dallas Chess Club, this is a USCF rated swiss chess tournament open to all scholastic chess players attending Texas schools (including homeschoolers). There will be 6 rounds in total. The tournament will be a three-day event on October 29th – 31st. 1/2 point bye available for any round if notified before Round 2 is paired. Tournament COVID protocols: Mask required in all Ballroom/Skittles/Vendor areas
Onsite Registration Friday, 10/29 6:15-7:15pm if not completed online.
• Rounds 1 is on Friday evening at 7:30pm.
• Rounds 2 , 3, and 4 are on Saturday at 10am, 1pm, and 4pm respectively.
• Rounds 5 and 6 are on Sunday at 10am and 1pm.
• Grades 6-12: All rounds are G/60, d5.
• Grades K-5: Round 1 is G/45, d5. Rounds 2-6 are G/60, d5.
Entry fee: $39 if postmarked before 10/4/21, $52 if postmarked before 10/18, and $66 thereafter or onsite. Do not mail after 10/24 as your entry may not be received in time.
Sections and Prizes:
Trophies or plaques to the top 8 individuals and top 5 teams. Top 3 players added for team scores. No more than 2 teams per school in each grade.
Hilton Houston North
12400 Greenspoint Dr
Houston, TX 77060